Bidx seeks a hands-on front-end developer. Someone who has an interest in digital engagement technology
and wants to work in an environment that is open, non-hierarchical and multi-cultural. You will be working
closely with all members in the development team.
- Implementing designs
- Create user interfaces using front-end code interfacing with back end mode;
- Perform usability tests on interface design to insure cross-browser and cross platform compatibility;
- Work closely with development and customer relations team.
- Knowledge and experience required:
- PHP knowledge
- Experience with WordPress
- Knowledge in HTML5 is an advantage
- Enthusiastic, willing to learn, open and a team player;
- Excellent communication skills, in verbal and writing;
- Hands-on and flexible;
- An eye for detail and design;
- Fluent in English;
- Ability to work under time pressure, while maintaining high quality work.
Bidx aims to improve access to finance for SMEs by offering web-portals that match business proposals of
entrepreneurs to mentors and investors. For banks bidx can help improve loan origination outreach and
selection, via its phone-in application service. These online services are offered in the brand and language
of the subscriber. They are especially relevant for banks, investment funds and incubators.
Different bidx portals, focusing on specific industries or regions form an online entrepreneurial ecosystem
together. The platform allows entrepreneurs, investors and mentors from different portals to find each other
and do business together.
Bidx came forth out of the BiD Network Foundation in the Netherlands and won the G20 award for SME Finance innovation in 2010. The bidx platform is currently reaching 10,000
members and presents more than 2600 business plans. Bidx has 10 members of staff in Amsterdam, 2 members in Kenya and a software team of 4 in Tunisia.
We are offer a challenging position in a highly dynamic working environment in a young, multi-cultural
and motivated team close to Amsterdam CS. You will be given a lot of room to scope, take initiative and be
involved in a variety of projects. For this position you will be stationed at the bidx office in Amsterdam. You
are not required to travel.
We are looking forward to your application! Please send your resume and motivational letter
Acquisition in reference to this vacancy is not appreciated.